This advertisement really gets my goat, but after looking at it for some time, it does make me a little rammy myself. I do wonder what he will look like when he is an old goat and why are the people clamoring at his feet? They know what the woman must know:
Goats make great pets. I want one of these new fangled goat breeds.
- Goats were one of the first animals to be tamed by humans and were the most popular herd animal 9,000 years ago.
- Goats have no front top teeth- instead they have what is called a ‘dental pad’ or hard gums. They have 8 lower teeth and 24 back molars for grinding food.
- Goats can live up to 20yrs if well kept.
- Goats can easily be housebroken , much the way a puppy is.
- Goats are smart and can learn and respond to their given name in less than a week.The pupil in the goat’s eye is rectangular in shape instead of being round like those of most other mammals.
- Goats have excellent night vision.
- Goats have a 4 chambered stomach and chew cud, (a plug of partially digested food stored in the largest compartment of the stomach called the rumen).
- Goat feces has little to no odor, produced in small pea sized pellets.
- Goats do not charge people and try to use the horns as instruments of mass destruction.
- Goats are fastidious eaters and typically will not eat dirty or spoiled food.
- Goats have relatively few diseases, very few which as zoonosis (no more than any other pet animal)
- Goat milk is the most easily digested milk from any animal and quite often used by those who are lactose intolerant.
- Soaps made with goat milk is often used for patients with skin disorders such as excema