Budapest Airport Ownership

Someone posted this comment “Good information, you know who is the new owner of the Ferihegy Airport? I’ve heard some rumors, but not sure.”

Here is your answer.

The responsibility for managing and operating Budapest Airport lies with the airport company Budapest Airport Zrt. Budapest Airport Zrt. is a company run as a public-private partnership, with the Hungarian State holding 25 percent of its shares plus one vote. Since June 2007, the remaining 75 percent minus one vote are in the hands of the German company HOCHTIEF AirPort, one of the world’s biggest and private and independent airport managers, and three financial investors: Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Montreal, GIC Special Investments, Singapore, and KfW IPEX-Bank, Frankfurt.

Owners of Budapest Airport Zrt.:

HOCHTIEF AirPort 37,25%
Malton Investment Pte Ltd. 13,625%
Caisse de depot et placement du Québec (CDP) 13,625%
Aero Investment S.á.r.l. 7,5%
KfW IPEX-Bank 3%
Hungarian State: 25.0% + 1 vote

Total: 100,00%